Powder adaptor for crampons.
Float on demand.
made of highend self-reinforced thermoplastic compound.
looks like carbon, but works better in this application.
Our first tool to solve the approach problem for steep terrain freeriders was CRAMPOW.
There's probably no lighter or faster way to access your line through that couloir or face than with CRAMPOW.
But then came Jérémie Heitz and Sam Anthamatten, who took their badass FWT skiing style to Himalayan faces.
Their need: plates of the same material and shape as CRAMPOW that can be combined with conventional crampons.
Here you go.
You'll have your own reasons to go with the VERSATILITY of CRAMPLIFIER:
- your crampons are like a good climbing partner to you - you trust them and don't want to change a winning team
- you are planning technical lines that include longer traverses and/or rocky passages
- you see potential in these plates to save your legs on mountaineering expeditions.
So far, CRAMPLIFIER have been successfully used with these crampons:
- edelrid Shark Lite
- Petzl Leopard LLF / FL
- Petzl Irvis Hybrid
- Grivel Air Tech
- Black Diamond Serac Clip
The plates are made of a highend self-reinforced polypropylene compound. This material is 100% recyclable.
It is possible to make small adjustments to the plates to make them fit other crampons under these conditions:
- Any modification of the product is made completely at your own risk.
- Make sure not to sacrifice any material with significant structural importance.
Cutting the material - for example to shorten the 'noses' by 1-2cm - can easily be done with conventional wood or metal cutting tools.
Edges can be smoothened with sandpaper or files.
Please note: the material of the grip tape (logo in the front and l/r tape in the heel area) has been changed after the photo shoot. It is now a thin black rubber tape.
IMPORTANT: There is no official approval of compatibility from any crampon manufacturer. It is your own responsibility to ensure your crampons sit solid on your boots after mounting these plates.
|Dimensions||150 × 150 × 150 cm|
S, M, L
|weight in g per pair||
394, 424, 438